- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Eagles left out of Districts
Heading into Friday, the final day games could count toward District power ratings, the Cocalico boys appeared to be in good shape in Class AAAA.
The Eagles (12-10) were ranked 19th in the standings, and looked to be a good bet to advance to the District Tourney.
But a lot can change in a span of 24 hours, as the Eagles found out.
First, Cocalico didn’t help itself Friday, losing a 54-43 non-league game to Conrad Weiser. To make matters worse, the Scouts are a AAA team so the Eagles probably lost some points there.
And when the brackets were finally released Sunday, the Eagles were not among the 20 teams to have qualified. Cocalico finished just out of the playoffs in the 21st position with a rating of .645432.
Prior to Cocalico’s loss, the Eagles were ranked ahead of both Exeter and Cedar Cliff. However, both team’s were idle Friday. Following Cocalico’s loss, Exeter (12-10) leapfrogged the Eagles to the 19th position with .648089 while Cedar Cliff (13-9) jumped to 20th with .646740.
The District Three Tournament will begin Friday Feb. 14 with play-in game action.