- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Eagles swimmers sweep Red Tornado
The Cocalico swim team earned a boys/girls sweep last Wednesday in a non-league meet at McCaskey.
In boys’ action, Cocalico won all but one event on the day in cruising to a 116-53 team victory. Sawyer Martin, Collin Haines and Sean Worrall all won two events each to pace the Eagles in this one. Martin took both the 100 free (48.94) and 200 free (1:47.45) events, Haines was a winner in both the 200 IM (2:09.38) and 100 back (58.56) while Worrall copped both the 50 free (24.95) and 100 breast (1:14.69).
Jake Ilgenfritz also was victorious in the 100 fly (1:03.14). The Eagles wrapped up the day with wins in all three relays.
In girls’ action, Cocalico swimmers won every event on the day en route to an easy 114-56 victory.
Olivia Evans, Sidney Evans and Tara Rakewicz all were double winners to pace the Lad Eagles. Olivia Evans was victorious in both the 200 free (2:03.43) and 100 free (56.95), Sidney Evans was a winner in both the 200 I.M. (2:19.81) and 100 back (1:05.69), and Rakewicz captured both the 50 free (27.56) and 100 breast (1:12.66) events).
The final two individual wins came from Layne Gable, who won the 100 fly (1:04.21), and Sam Marino, who took home victory in the 500 free (5:29.42). Cocalico completed the day with three relay wins.