- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Ephrata girls spike Cocalico
The Ephrata girls volleyball team earned an impressive 3-0 victory on the road at Cocalico last Thursday night.
In a tight contest, the Lady Mounts edged Cocalico in the first two games by identical scores of 25-22 before pulling away in Game Three (25-13) for the big win.
Ligia Manguino had 11 kills while Mary Witmer contributed three blocks in the Ephrata victory. Kayla Miller added three aces for the Lady Mounts.
For Cocalico, Kristen Boyer had five blocks while Gina Glass served up three aces.
Cocalico returned to action Tuesday night at Solanco where the host Mares earned a 3-0 victory over the Lady Eagles.
Solanco won by scores of 27-25, 25-12 and 25-23 to earn the team victory.
Glass collected a team-high five kills while Boyer led in blocks with six for Cocalico. Kayla Young added a pair of aces in the losing effort.
Ephrata also was slated to host Garden Spot Tuesday night at home. However, results were not available at press time.