- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Ephrata girls spike Cocalico
Cocalico didn’t go away easily but the Ephrata girls volleyball team was able to get past the Lady Eagles, 3-1, Tuesday night in a match held at Ephrata Middle School.
After splitting the first two games by identical scores of 25-19, Ephrata earned a big 25-11 win in Game Three and then put it away with a hard-fought 26-24 decision in the Fourth.
Mary Witmer led the way for Ephrata, collecting nine kills and six blocks in the victory. Kayla Miller chipped in with 15 digs while Bridget Haller served up four aces for the winners.
Cocalico’s Kristen Boyer led the Lady Eagles with 13 kills and four blocks in the loss. Danielle Gehr added 10 digs while Gina Glass contributed three aces.
In addition to Tuesday, Ephrata also was in action last Thursday evening where Section Two leader Manheim Central posted a 3-0 victory over the Lady Mounts.
In the 25-15, 25-12, 25-22 loss, Witmer led the way for Ephrata with six kills, four aces and three blocks. Katie Albright added 10 digs for the Lady Mounts.