- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ephrata icers roll to first win
The Ephrata Ice Hockey team earned its first victory of the season on Wednesday, Nov. 21, at Lancaster Ice Rink as the host Mounts scored 10 goals in the first two periods to cruise to an eventual 11-6 triumph over visiting West York (0-4) in CPIHL action.
Josh Buohl and Steve Zuziak both lit the lamp twice in the first period as the Mounts (1-2-1) opened up a 4-1 lead. Zuziak then scored a hat trick in the second period to give him five goals in the game as the Mounts broke it wide open.
Offensively, Zuziak led the way with his five tallies. Chase Weik also was hot, scoring two goals and adding five assists. Both Buohl and Alex Seibel finished with two goals and two assists each, while Trevor Seibel chipped in with two helpers and Tyler Gallagher with one in the big win.
In net, Logan Pogwist was solid, making 27 saves on 33 shots to get the easy victory.
The Mounts will now look for win number two Wednesday night at Klick Lewis Arena when they take on host Cedar Crest (2-1). The puck will drop at 8:45 p.m.
Ephrata also will be in action Friday night (7 p.m.) at Lancaster Ice Rink where the Mounts will battle Warwick (1-3) in a pivotal Tier 2 battle.