- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ephrata’s Murcia ousted from Districts
Ephrata senior tennis player Gabo Murcia, who received an at-large bid to Districts following a sixth-place showing at the L-L League Tournament last week, suffered a first-round loss Saturday at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Murcia was eliminated from the tournament after dropping a 6-1, 6-1 decision to Cedar Crest’s Colin Muraika.
Muraika went on to lose a second round match to Nolan Perugini of Exeter Twp. by a score of 3-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Monday afternoon in the District Three AAA final, Hempfield’s Derek Hagino defeated Conestoga Valley’s Darren Mast 6-3, 6-4 to capture the gold. It was a rematch of the L-L League final, won by Hagino, 7-5, 6-0.