- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Ephrata’s Witmer named All-State
Ephrata hurdler Mary Witmer, who recently became the first female in Ephrata High School history to win a State golf medal in track, received some post-season accolades last week.
The senior, who is headed to Liberty University in the fall, was named to the Pennsylvania Track & Field Coaches Association (PTFCA) All-State First Team it was announced.
Witmer captured the State 300 hurdles title with a winning time of 42.90. A week earlier, she posted the eighth-best time in the country in that event and shattered the District Three record (43.53) with a new record time of 42.11.
It is the second-straight year Witmer was an All-State selection, making the second team for 300 hurdles in 2012.
The selections were made by a committee of the PTFCA and were based on honors won, quality and consistency of performance and head-to-head competition.
Manheim Central’s Cole Proffitt was the only other L-L athlete to claim first team honors after winning the State title in the javelin.