- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Felpel, Witmer named All-State
The Pennsylvania Track & Field Coaches Association (PTFCA) announced its All-State boys and girls teams Monday, and two local athletes were selected.
Cocalico senior thrower Kyle Felpel, who is headed off to the University of Alabama, was named to the First Team in shot put, an event in which he won the state title with a throw of 59-1 1/4. He also was selected to the Third Team in both javelin and discus.
Joining Felpel is Ephrata junior Mary Witmer, who was selected to the Second Team in the 300 hurdles. Witmer won both league and District titles in that event this past season before capping her year with a silver medal performance at States.
The selections were made by a committee of the PTFCA and were based on honors won, quality and consistency of performance and head-to-head competition.