- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Haddon leads EHS girls to 3-1 start
Ephrata senior basketball player Sarah Haddon’s play has been a big reason the Lady Mounts have gotten off to a great start.
And Monday night in a Section One-Two crossover game at Penn Manor, Haddon and the Lady Mounts continued that success in a convincing 53-24 victory over the Comets.
The senior forward turned in her second-straight double-double, scoring a season-high 23 points while pulling down 10 boards Monday as the Lady Mounts sprinted to a 32-10 half-time lead before cruising to the big win. Kelly Liebl added 12 points for Ephrata, which was particularly impressive at the defensive end in holding the Comets to just six field goals for the entire contest.
With the win, Ephrata improved to a perfect 2-0 in league play and 4-1 overall with its third-straight victory.
This past Friday at home, the Lady Mounts enjoyed another blow-out win, this time in a 63-36 victory over visiting McCaskey. led the way again with 22 points and 13 rebounds in the lopsided victory.
Hannah Reimel chipped in with 14 points and nine boards while Sarah Hoffer added nine points and 14 rebounds on the night.
The Lady Mounts added a 46-29 non-league win at Exeter last Wednesday night as Ephrata jumped out to a 31-14 half-time lead and never looked back.
Hoffer took high scoring honors with 14 points while Haddon and Liebl each scored nine points in the win.
Ephrata will be back in action Wednesday night at home where the Lady Mounts will face another 4-1 team in Manheim Township.
Tip-off is slated for 7:30 p.m. at the Ephrata Middle School.