- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kids Fish Rodeo attracts 134
A total of 134 young anglers participated in the 2013 Kids Fish Rodeo at the Northern Lancaster County Game and Fish Protective Association pond on Saturday, May 11.
More than 600 rainbow trout were stocked for the kids to pursue. While several rain showers dampened the day, no complaints were heard and the trout were very cooperative. The winner of a custom rod for catching the largest fish was Alexis Weitzel, who landed an 18-inch rainbow.
Each child was provided a hot dog and a drink by the Association and was given a ticket for a prize raffle after the fishing. The prize table was well stocked, thanks to the very generous support of local organizations, businesses and individuals. Every child received a prize, including rod/reel combinations, tackle boxes, minnow buckets, rod holders and many other fishing tackle items.
These area businesses, organizations and individuals provided monetary support or prizes for the Northern Lancaster Game and Fish Protective Association 2013 Kids Fish Rodeo: Northern Lancaster Game & Fish; Fraternal Order of Orioles, Nest #54; Reinholds VFW; Weaver’s Store, Inc.; Limestone Springs (Aqua-Life, Inc.); Cabela’s; Ray Deater Custom Rods; Hertzogs Garage; Boose Aluminum Foundry; Orbach’s Garage; Fisher"s Garage; Sweigart’s Garage; Hornberger’s Auto Body; Ludwig’s Custom Auto; Conestoga Animal Hospital; Richland Shooters Supplies; Wenger’s Small Engine Repair; Darryl’s Gun Shop; Ephrata Precision Parts; Musser’s Outdoors; John Zwally, NLC Member; Rodney Hainley, NLC Member; John King, NLC Member; Bob Frey, NLC Member; Anonymous NLC Member.