- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Lammer goes 1-2 at NCAAs
Elizabethtown College freshman Chad Lammer gave the Iowa crowd a glimpse of his rising career in a pigtail match at 133 pounds against Dubuque’s Chris Sokol Friday in the opening round of the 2013 NCAA Division III Wrestling Championships in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Nationally-ranked in both polls, Sokol could not escape a Lammer takedown 44 seconds into overtime. The E-town frosh gave a fist pump as he moved into the first round.
Lammer, a 2012 Ephrata High School graduate, went up against New York University’s Brandon Jones in his first-round match, but Jones, ranked fifth by d3wrestle.com, stretched a 6-3 lead to 8-3 with a reversal in the third and claimed a 9-4 win.
Lammer would be eliminated in his first wrestle-back match as he suffered a 5-4 defeat at the hands of Concordia-Moorhead’s Jacoby Bergeron.
Lammer closed out his first season at E-town with a final record of 17-11. His brother Mike, also a member of the E-town squad, finished his freshman campaign at 12-17. More LAMMER, page B-4