- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Manheim girls pull away from Cocalico
Host Manheim Central pulled out a tough 41-33 victory over Cocalico Tuesday night in Manheim.
The Barons, who trailed 17-14 at the half, took control in the third, outscoring the Lady Eagles 16-11 to grab the lead for good.
Breanna Barber led Manheim Central with a game-high 16 point effort. Marissa Gingrich paced Cocalico (1-2) with 12 points.
Cocalico opened the season this past weekend, earning a split and third place at the Hamburg Tip-Off Tournament.
Friday night in the opener vs. Tri-Valley, 6-4 Seton Hall-bound center Tara Nahodil scored a game-high 24 points to lead the Bulldogs to a 58-34 victory over the Lady Eagles.
Juli Weber added 10 points for the winners, who led 32-10 at the half before cruising to the win.
Cocalico was led by Kristen Boyer, who scored 13 points in the loss. Lauren Waskowicz added nine for the Lady Eagles.
In Saturday’s consolation game vs. Wyomissing, the Lady Eagles got their first victory of the season with a 40-26 triumph.
Cocalico led 29-21 heading to the fourth before outscoring the Spartans, 11-5 in the fourth quarter to clinch the victory.
Boyer scored a game-high 12 points while Gingrich added nine for Cocalico in the win.