- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Moshier doubles up at E.T. Bracket Finals
MASHIE MIHALKO Special to The Review
, Staff Writer
Brock Moshier had a busy racing schedule at the NHRA Summit E.T. Bracket Finals. He qualified in both Super and Pro Eliminators of the Sunoco Race Fuel Money Trail Series held at Maple Grove Raceway. This enabled Brock to compete at the E.T. Finals hosted by Numidia Raceway in his 1971 Chevy Vega Wagon and a "borrowed" dragster to race in two different eliminators. Moshier competed against racers from the 17 member dragstrips of the Northeast Division of the National Hot Rod Association. More than 620 race vehicles filled the spacious Numidia Raceway pits.
Moshier went five rounds in the Super Pro Eliminator with his hard launching 1971 Vega. He lasted through two rounds racing a friend’s dragster in Super Eliminator. His multiple round wins enabled Maple Grove Raceway to win its 13th Team Championship, a record that will surely stand for many years in Division 1 Bracket Racing. Brock also competed in the Race of Champions which is a separate event pitting the respective track eliminator champions against each other. Moshier lasted through two rounds of racing.
Brock, a Cocalico High graduate, had another successful season racing at Maple Grove. He garnered the top position in Pro Eliminator and the number two spot in Super Eliminator competing in the track’s point’s series. Moshier will close out the 2013-racing season by entering "money races" in PA and bordering states. Brock will be feted at the Maple Grove Raceway Awards Banquet in February for his accomplishments racing in the Sunoco Race Fuels Money Trail Series.