- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mount matmen knock off Bears for first section win
The Ephrata wrestling team breezed to its first Section Two win of the season last Thursday at home with a 49-28 victory over Elizabethtown.
The Mounts (1-1 Section Two) earned bonus points in the first four bouts of the night to open up a commanding 22-0 lead. E-town (0-1) followed suit by taking the next four to tie it up before closed it out by winning six of the final seven weight classes.
Todd Dumas (126), James Welch (138), Ethan Sipe (145) and Cameron Eisenhauer (195) all earned falls to lead the way for Ephrata. Riley Eidemiller added a 12-3 major decision victory at 132 while Charles SanMartin picked up a 6-5 decision at 220.
The Mounts also picked up 18 points via forfeit wins to help clinch the victory.
After the holiday break, the Mounts will compete in the Donegal Tournament which is scheduled for Friday.
Cocalico also was in action last Thursday as the Eagles traveled to Conestoga Valley.
The host Buckskins (2-0) were the beneficiaries of eight forfeit wins to clinch an easy 66-18 win over Cocalico (0-2).
Cocalico, which received one forfeit, did get a pair of falls in their remaining wins as Noulong Lor decked Michael Kneisley in 39 seconds at 220. And at 145, the Eagles’ Hilton Martin pinned CV’s Ilya Dariychuk in 1:08.
Up next, Cocalico will participate in the Damascus Tournament set for 8 a.m. Thursday and Friday.