- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mounts’ Matos places fifth at Penn Manor
Ephrata heavyweight Danny Matos placed fifth in his weight class at the Penn Manor Tournament this past weekend. Matos pinned Pequea Valley’s Jordan Crouse in 50 seconds to sew up fifth place at 285.
In the team standings, Ephrata finished 20th with 43 points.
In dual meet action, Ephrata opened the Section Two league season last Wednesday night at home where visiting Garden Spot pulled out a come-from-behind 43-30 victory over the Mounts.
Ephrata (3-3 overall, 0-1 section) won the first six bouts of the night to take a commanding 30-0 lead before the Spartans stormed all the way back for the victory.
Garden Spot, the pre-season favorite in Section Two, won the final eight bouts of the night and pinned in six of them to get the turn-around victory.
Cameron Eisenhauer (22) and Randy Wintersohl (106) led the way for the Mounts with pins while Jeff Halligan (195) and Todd Dumas (120) each earned decision victories.
Cocalico also opened the section season last Wednesday with a home match against Conestoga Valley.
Unfortunately for the Eagles, they couldn’t overcome five forfeits as the Buckskins earned a 45-28 team win.
Earning falls for Cocalico were: Hilton Martin (138), Kam Mueller (170) and Dan Mullins (182). Teddy Wolf (152) added a major decision win for the Eagles while Nick Reitenbach (160) and Ethan Miller (120) also were winners. More WRESTLING, page B5