- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mounts net win over Warwick in tennis opener
The Ephrata boys tennis team earned its first victory of the season Tuesday afternoon on the road at Lititz, using a pair of doubles wins to clinch a 4-3 victory over host Warwick in the season opener.
With the score tied 2-2 after singles play, the Mounts got a pair of 8-4 victories in doubles to secure their first win under new Coach Cheryl Fritz.
Ephrata did drop the first doubles match as Gabo Murcia and Ryan Fritz were defeated, 8-4, by Warwick’s Tony Deimler and Luke Newberry. However, Ephrata’s second doubles pairing of Lukas Olsen and Christian Miles knocked off Warwick’s Ethan Quinn and Daniel O’Conor, 8-4, and the Mounts’ Peter Wise and Mario Murcia did the same against Warwick’s Caleb Setlock and Chase Henry to clinch the team victory.
In singles action, both Olsen and Miles were winners for Ephrata. Olsen earned a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Quinn at three, and Miles captured a 6-4, 6-0 decision over Brian Dieterle in the fourth match.
Ephrata will look to make it two in-a-row Thursday afternoon at Conestoga Valley, beginning at 4 p.m. Ephrata will also be in action Friday at Garden Spot before returning for its home opener next Tuesday vs. Lebanon.
Cocalico will open its season Thursday at Elco, beginning at 4 p.m. The Eagles also are scheduled to be in action Tuesday at home against Annville-Cleona.