- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Not bugged out
Madeline Fritz of Ephrata was not at all bugged by swarm of insects that descended on the Millersville pool as the home swimmers dueled New Holland July 8 in a section two meet.
Fritz, 10, who swims for the New Holland Dolphins, set a 10U team record of 17.61 in the 25 butterfly – erasing the old mark of 17.84 – after an hour delay due the swarming Mayfly invasion that covered the pool surface.
“I didn’t mind, I just swam like they weren’t there,” said Madeline, who didn’t get off the starting box until 1030 p.m.
Madeline, the daughter of John Fritz and Lesley Groff, will start 6th grade at Ephrata Middle School this year.