- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Pride gets second seed in New Era Tourney
The Ephrata Pride midget baseball team has earned the second seed in the upcoming New Era Tournament to be held at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster.
Ephrata, which finished up the regular season last Wednesday at home with an 11-6 loss to Donegal, closed out the year with a 12-3-0 mark to tie St. Leo (12-3-0) for second place overall behind champion Hempfield Black (11-1-3).
The Pride, which captured the New Era championship in 2009, open up tourney play Friday night at 5:15 p.m. at the Clip. Ephrata will face seventh-seeded Lititz Oddfellows (7-6-2) in the first round.
Other first round match-ups include: Hempfield vs. SWS (Thurs., 5:15 p.m.); Donegal vs. Solanco Gray (Thurs., 20 minutes after first game); and St. Leo vs. Manheim Township (Friday, 20 minutes after first game).
All winners will advance to next Monday’s semifinals (5:15 p.m. first game), with the finals set for Tuesday night (7 p.m.) back at the Clip.