- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Pride wraps up second seed for New Era Tourney
The Ephrata Pride (13-3-1) baseball team locked up the second seed in the upcoming New Era Midget Tournament, finishing the regular season with an 11-0 win over Cocalico on Thursday night and a 4-2 win over Hempfield on Saturday.
Anthony Embiscuso led the way against Cocalico with three RBI, and Seth Griffith (4-0) got the win in the completion of a suspended game. On Saturday, Jared Martin knocked in a pair of runs while Nate Lapp, Anthony Embiscuso, and Andre Good had two hits apiece as the Pride scored four runs in the second and held on from there.
Brandon Smith (5-1) went the distance, and was helped by several clutch defensive plays by second baseman Ryan Lefever.
The Pride will open New Era Tournament play Friday night, 5:15 p.m. at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster where they’ll face the Lititz Oddfellows.