- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Reinholds Lions Classic set for July 27 at Manor
The 22nd annual Reinholds Lions Club Golf Classic will be held Friday, July 27 at Manor Golf Club in Sinking Spring. With major sponsorship from Weaver Markets, Inc., there will be over $7,000 in prizes to be given away or won.
The tourney will begin with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. Cost is $75 per golfer ($70 walking, $55 for Manor members riding and $50 Manor members walking) which includes: greens fee, cart, prizes, food and refreshments.
The tournament is limited to the first 34 groups (fivesomes are allowed). Deadline for registration is Sunday, July 22.
Prizes will be awarded to six flights, plus there will be several contests, including: Closest-to-the-pin; Hole-in-one; longest drive; wacky sand shot holes; longest putt contest; and the Million Dollar Shootout.
Following your round, an all-you-can-eat dinner at the Manor will be served.
For more information on the tournament, contact Lions Golf Chairman Bill Crouse at 484-0212. Registration forms are available at the following local locations: The Ephrata Review; The Shopping News; Eckert Signs; Foxchase Golf Club; Crown Trophies; Denver Post Office; Fulton Bank (Denver & Reinholds branches); Ephrata National Bank (Denver Branch); Weaver Markets Inc (both locations); Fulton Bank and Kountry Korner Restaurant.