- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Smith ties for fourth in Lanco Ladies Amateur
Ephrata’s Lauren Smith, the reigning Lancaster-Lebanon League golf champion, earned a top five performance in her first Lanco Ladies Amateur Championship held Monday and Tuesday at Pilgrim’s Oak Golf Club in Peach Bottom.
The 2011 EHS graduate who will be off to Kutztown University in the fall, entered Tuesday’s play just two shots off the league after shooting a first-round score of 79. She followed that up with an 82 Tuesday to finish in a tie for fourth overall with Suzette Crandall.
Alli Weaver, a 2009 Warwick graduate who now plays at Murray State, carded a 74 Tuesday to capture her first-ever Lanco Ladies crown with a two-day total of 151. Deb Landis placed second, finished eight strokes behind with a two-day card of 159.
Crystal Quinn finished just one stroke ahead of both Smith and Crandall with 160 total strokes.