- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Smith ties for sixth at Lanco
Lauren Smith of Akron placed in a tie for sixth place overall at the two-day Lanco Women’s Individual Golf Championships held Sunday and Monday at Crossgates Golf Course in Millersville.
Smith, a Kutztown University sophomore and former star at Ephrata, shot 80 and 90 for a two-day score of 170 to finish in a tie with Joyce Herr (87-83).
Paula Light captured the title, shooting 77-83 to finish two strokes ahead of Suzette Crandall (81-81).
As for Smith, she was recently named to the All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) second team after a solid season at Kutztown this past spring.
Smith led Kutztown with a team-low 83.6 average over 18 rounds. Her top round was when she carded a 77 in the opening round of the Clarion Invitational at which she finished third overall. Smith’s other top finishes this season included her victory at the LeMoyne Invitational, second place showings at the East Stroudsburg Invitational and the Dr. Edwin B. Cottrell Invitational, and a fourth place finish at the Kutztown Spring Invitational.
As a team, Kutztown earned six team victories this season, breaking the previous school-record of five set last season. It also finished in third place at the PSAC Championships held at the end of the fall season.