- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Two years shy of 100, McKeever bowls a 500 series
So when the 98-year-old recently rolled a personal best 500 series, a feat that is eye-opening at any age, let alone two years shy of 100, he was the least impressed of anyone.
“It doesn’t matter, really,” he said of his feat. “Nothing’s a big deal with me now. Holy mackerel. You just live from day to day.”
McKeever bowled his 500 series in three games about three to four weeks ago in the Senior League at Dutch Lanes. The man who averages 134 rolled a season-high 191 in one of the three games.
Ask what his previous personal-best was before this 500 series, McKeever laughed and said, “That’s hard to tell you. I had a lot of 400s.”
McKeever grew up in Summit Hill and his occupation was as an engineer “up in the coal regions.”
He said he has been bowling “many years,” since his childhood days in fact.
“I started bowling when we used to have to have pin sitters,” he said. “(It’s been) a long time.”
McKeever said he bowls once a week in the Senior League, and plans to do it “as long as I can.”
Bruce Morgan contributed to this article.