- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Witmer earns State’s top seed in 300 hurdles
For the second-straight year, Ephrata’s Mary Witmer has earned the top seed in the 300 hurdles for the upcoming State Track Meet to be held at Shippensburg University Friday and Saturday.
Witmer earned top billing thanks to her record-breaking performance this past week at the District Three Championships. The Ephrata senior set the new record on her way to capturing the District gold with a blistering time of 42.11.
A year ago at States, Witmer posted a time of 43.95 to finish second in the State, behind only Dannah Hayward of Coughlin, who won the gold with a time of 43.37.
This year, the top two times behind were posted by Cheltenham’s Kayla Coley (43.44) and Cumberland Valley’s Rachael DeCecco (43.89).
In addition to Witmer, the following is a list of the rest of the Ephrata and Cocalico athletes who will compete at States, along with their events, seedings as well as times and distances:
Emily Stauffer, Cocalico- shot put, 6th, 40-7 1/2; Crystal Hartman, Ephrata- javelin, 15th, 124-0; Ephrata’s 4 X 400 relay (Andrea Castillo, Witmer, Kelly Liebl & Jordan Crills)- 16th, 3:59.73; Liebl, Ephrata- long jump, 21st, 17-7 1/4 & 200, 22nd, 26.03; Megan Gingrich, Cocalico- 800, 22nd, 2:16.57.
Jhett Janis, Cocalico- javelin, 7th, 191-1; Shea Evans, Cocalico- high jump, 12th, 6-4.