- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Moon landing party is a ‘blast’ from the past
The Adamstown Area Library hosted an American Girl Moon Landing and ’60s Party on July 12 for girls ages 7 to 12. The theme was inspired by American Girl’s stories that celebrate girls through history and today.
The library hosts American Girl events several times a year. It is one of the most popular events and usually fill to capacity well in advance. July 12’s party featured crafts and games inspried by the first moon landing on July 20, 1969. Girls brought their American Girl dolls and celebrated together.
American Girls began in 1986 with historically inspired characters and stories, today including historically and modern-themed books, dolls and a magazine.