- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Moon landing party is a ‘blast’ from the past
The Adamstown Area Library hosted an American Girl Moon Landing and ’60s Party on July 12 for girls ages 7 to 12. The theme was inspired by American Girl’s stories that celebrate girls through history and today.
The library hosts American Girl events several times a year. It is one of the most popular events and usually fill to capacity well in advance. July 12’s party featured crafts and games inspried by the first moon landing on July 20, 1969. Girls brought their American Girl dolls and celebrated together.
American Girls began in 1986 with historically inspired characters and stories, today including historically and modern-themed books, dolls and a magazine.