- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Charlotte Sheetz, 82, Ephrata,worked at Akron Restaurant
Charlotte E. Sheetz, 82, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was the wife of the late John A. Sheetz. She was born in Ephrata to Richard and Amanda (Weidman) Strohl.
Charlotte was primarily a homemaker, but also worked for many years at the Akron Restaurant.
She is survived by three daughters: Brenda, wife of Carl Kottmeyer, of Florida; Peggy, wife of Charles Knauf, of Ephrata; Desiree, wife of Richard Hatt, of Ephrata; eight grandchildren: Michelle, Greg, Amber, Tara, Josh, Kyle, Patrick and Jordan; seven great-grandchildren; and a brother: Richard Strohl Jr., companion of Nina Fisher.
Along with her husband, she was preceded in death by two sons: Barry and Bruce; and a sister: Betty Morrow.
A memorial service will be held on July 14 at 1 p.m. at the Conestoga View Chapel, 900 E. King St., Lancaster, with Chaplain Dan Brubaker officiating. Interment will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Charlotte’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.