- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Harry Gockley, Akron, vet, tool and die maker
Harry E. Gockley, 89, of Akron, passed away Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was the husband of Betty A. (Kilhefner) Gockley. They observed their 64th wedding anniversary in September. Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Harry M. Gockley and Ida S. (Trostle) Gockley.
Harry graduated from Ephrata High School and Wyomissing Polytechnic Institute. He was a tool and die maker and worked at Ephrata Tool and Die before retiring. He was a member of New Joy Church in Ephrata. Harry served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
In addition to his wife, Harry is survived by a daughter: Jean L. (Gockley), wife of Dale Srock, of Ephrata; a son: James R., husband of Donna L. (Geiger) Gockley, of Emmaus; six grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
A funeral service was held Nov. 21 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Pastor Jeff Dunlevy officiating. Interment will take place in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata. Military honors will be accorded by the Red Rose Honor Guard.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Harry’s name may be made to New Joy Church, 35 New Joy Dr., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.