- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Joseph M. Hanson, 75, Navy vet, Gulf manager
Joseph M. Hanson, 75, of Reinholds, passed away Wednesday, April 10, 2013, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Reading to the late Roy and Victoria (Viervicki) Hanson and was the husband of Ethel (Miller) Hanson. They were married November 9, 1963.
For over 25 years, Joseph worked as a manager at the Gulf Oil Company Service Station on the PA Turnpike, until his retirement in 1996. He liked golfing and hunting.
Joseph was a veteran, he served in the U.S. Navy.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Joseph, Jr., husband of Linda Hanson of Reinholds; step sons: Michael, husband of Annie Brugger of Ohio; Kevin, husband of Eileen Brugger of Reinholds; David Brugger of Reinholds; daughter: Lori Drupp of Fleetwood; step daughters: Susan Brugger of Ohio; and Diane Butkus of Schuylkill County; brother: James Hanson of West Lawn; sisters: Christine, wife of Robert Schell of West Lawn; and Antoinette Heilman; 15 grandchildren; and 24 great grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was also preceded in death by two grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
A viewing was held April 15 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, followed by funeral services. Interment took place in the Mohn’s Hill Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Joseph’s memory may be made to Lebanon VA Medical Center 1700 South Lincoln Avenue Lebanon, PA 17042.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.