- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Burkholders celebrate 60 years of marriage
The couple was married Feb. 21, 1954 in Hinkletown.
Ivan grew up on a farm with 15 siblings. He was a long-time truck driver, dispatcher, delivery guy and serviceman for Eagle Rental and is now a driver for Twin Pine Auto Group. He is also a self-taught musician and accomplished fiddle player and enjoys hunting, football and bluegrass music.
Irene also grew up on a farm with 10 siblings. She raised four children, worked as a deli clerk at Green Dragon, was a volunteer driver for Meals on Wheels and spent many hours quilting and binding quilts for her church’s sewing circle. Irene also taught adult Sunday school classes and enjoys traveling, cooking, entertaining, reading and hanging out with family and friends.
The Burkholders have four children: Larry, husband of Rosanne (Rutt) and father of Sara, Darren, Ryan and Abigail; Diane, wife of Elvin Hursh and mother of JoAnna (wife of Jamie Hess and mother of Danica and Morgan), Jason (husband of Michelle Fridg and father of Owen, Ian and Emilia) Justin (husband of April Brady and father of Evan and Alex); Brenda, wife of Steve Burkholder and mother of Matthew (engaged to Katie Summers), Michael, Rebecca and Andrew and Neal.
The couple is planning a celebration with their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.